The School Day
What does the day look like?
A typical day at a TLG Centre looks like this:
- 9.00am - Pupils arrive; breakfast served
- 9.15am - Lesson One: PSHE / Goal Setting / Review of Work
- 10.00am - Lesson Two: English or Maths
- 10.45am - Break
- 11.00am -Lesson Three: English or Maths
- 11.45am - Lesson Four: Skills for Employment and Further Learning / ICT
- 12.30pm - Lunch
- 1.00pm - Lesson Five: Art / Humanities
- 1.45pm Break
- 2.00pm - Lesson Six: PE / Art / Craft / SEFL
- 2.55pm - Review of Day
- 3.00pm - End of timetabled day
What happens after school?
TLG operates a range of extended school programmes where pupils can continue to engage and learn beyond the school day and during the holidays. These might include breakfast clubs and workshops in sports, media, arts and music. TLG also runs social and cultural trips and visits including weekend residentials within the UK and international trips which in the past have included Uganda and Ghana.
Staff in the Centre can tell you what is happening and when.